Sunday, November 22, 2009

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

We are hosting our first Thanksgiving this year and I am quite excited about it. I know that there is a lot of preperation that goes into having a large group of people over for a huge meal... especially one as important as Thanksgiving! So, to prepare I took care of something very important yesterday... painting my kitchen



Okay, so maybe I am procrastinating a little bit!

I really do love Thanksgiving though. And as we have been trying to give more this season it is so more meaningful to me. We decided to do shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child this year. Our hope was to begin planting seeds of what it means to give to our kids, mainly Brother Bear since he is older. But, I think I was the one that learned so much through it this year. With every little gift I found to put in the shoebox I was just overwhelmed with how much I have. I am able to give my children EVERYTHING they need and so much more. I am able to buy them lots of clothes for every season, fun toys, presents for every occassion, candy.... I know that these mommas love their kids just as much as I love mine, but they can't give them everything. I am truly beginning to understand that we are blessed to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment