Saturday, February 13, 2010

I watched this video this morning and sobbed. While my little boy sat playing Legos on the dining room table and my little girl was out running errands with her Daddy who loves her more than anything. I have two children who are so loved and we give them absolutely everything we can. It is so hard to remember that there are so many children who have no one. So many of the children in the video looked a lot like my own. I am overwhelmed with feelings of saddness for them right now. I am grateful that they are loved my our Heavenly Father and pray that so many orphans find earthly families to love them. And I ask God to give me His heart for them. It is amazing that when you look at the Bible you really do see that God's heart is for adoption. I am so proud of all of the families I know who have chosen to adopt and pray that all of our hearts would be stirred to love on orphans in some way.
James 1:27 says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment