Saturday, March 20, 2010

I am sitting in a quiet house.. so weird! Sophie is taking a nap and Max and Nick ran to Wal-Mart. I am just feeling so blessed right now that I just had to stop and write! Nothing huge or really in particular but sometimes God's grace and faithfulness can just be overwhelming!

My biggest praise right now is that we bought a new (used) car this morning! It was so hard to be patient and look but I feel like my husband's diligence has really paid off! We got a Honda Accord with about 80,000 miles on it for less than we got for our Alero after the accident. I feel like this is such a blessing because the Alero probably would have lasted us a few more years and then we would have had to replace it but there is a good chance this car will last us for quite awhile. And we got a great deal on it! We bough it from a professor at UMSL whose wife was making him upgrade. He was totally bummed but you could tell who wore the pants in that family, ha! I am just so proud of my husband for being so wise and humble and just making the best decision for our family. Although the new car is nice it is nothing to brag about. And I love that my husband doesn't get ANY of his self worth from what kind of car he drives. I just admire him so much in that way! I think even if we were loaded he would have bought something very similar because he wouldn't want to waste money buying something fancy to get him to and from work. He really puts giving and our family first and I really admire that. (okay, enough gushing...)

I am so glad it is the weekend and with the car stuff out of the way we can spend some time as a family. It was a crazy week with Nick looking at cars most evenings and I am looking forward to "us" time. I think tonight we are going to make homemade fried chicken for dinner with sweet potato fries and fruit salad and a really yummy desert. Then I think Nick and I are going to watch New Moon after the kids go to bed. I am so excited!

Well, I am off to enjoy the silence. Maybe I will take a bubble bath? We will see... :-) Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment