Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This post will probably be pretty random because I have a lot going on in my little head:-)

Today was the last day of Friend2Friend today which was a real bummer! I LOVE going to Friend2Friend on Wednesday mornings. It is totally my me time and my me and God time and my me and friends time and all of that! I will really miss it over the summer!

I realized while sitting at Friend2Friend this morning what a crazy journey God has had me on these past few years as far as friendships go. Moving from Springfield was really hard for me because I had my best friends there and was very comfortable. Moving here it took me a really long time to make new friends. And honestly, a lot of the time I still feel like "the new kid" in class. But, I really see where God has used the time to change and transform me. I feel like the move allowed me to "grow up" in so many ways and become my own person. I felt A LOT of pressure in Springfield to be a certain kind of person. And I felt the most pressure to be a certain kind of mom. Moving here and having a time without very many friends allowed me to figure out what I really believed about life and parenting outside of what others thought I should believe about those things. It also gave me the opportunity to make friends with people who accept me for who I am. And of course I am still friends with my good friends from Springfield, it just looks different! But, I really am just so thankful for the journey God allowed me to go on. Even though at times it was the loneliest place, I have grown so much because of it.

On another note, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and it went very well! Jack is getting bigger and sounding great! Next time I go will be my last one month appointment and then I will start going every 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast it is flying by! Our family is SO ready and excited for this little man to join the craziness!

Well, I guess I should try to get some housework done. I am way off of my routine and it is kind of a disaster area around here right now!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. jack is such a cute name! you're right about being out of your comfort zone forcing some growing up, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you moved here!

    ReplyDelete