Sunday, August 22, 2010

Confession

So, I am loving breastfeeding. Jack has been a fabulous nurser from the start and aside from a little soreness I could not be happier about the situation! I love the special time I get to have with him and I love knowing that he is getting so many health benefits from nursing. But, secretly, one of my favorite things about breastfeeding... I get to eat a ton and still loose weight. Ha! I know this isn't true for everyone but oh my goodness has it been the case for me. I eat A LOT these days and in less than 3 weeks I am down to my pre-pregnancy weight. When I was nursing Sophie I was the thinnest I have ever been in my adult life. Granted, I gained it back as soon as I stopped! But, it is kind of fun to get to just eat and eat and watch the scale go down!

2 comments:

  1. How lovely for you! I wish that had been the case for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! I pumped for six months for Mason (not a good eater) but I kept pumping through Christmas so I could eat the extra calories! ha.... glad someone else feels the same way. :)

    Brandie Maddox

    ReplyDelete