Friday, September 10, 2010

Changes for this week...

So, in hopes of getting myself healthy (and loosing weight) and getting my family healthy I am trying to make small changes first. I am hoping to create new habits. Here are my current "small things" I am doing that I hope will make a big difference in the long run.
  • eat at home and especially avoid fast food when we do eat out
  • drink water (except for my one cup of coffee I drink everyday!)
  • exercise daily, even if it is just a short walk (right now I am doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred)
  • incorporate fruits and/or veggies into every meal
  • (and this one is specifically just for me!) no eating after dinner
It has been 9 days since my last Diet Coke and I am doing really well with just drinking water. The first few days were the hardest and now I really don't think about it unless we are having a meal that I have always associated with soda, like pizza or something.

I didn't get my workout in this morning so I am hoping to get to it here in a few minutes during nap time.

Yep. That's what I am up to! Sounds fun, doesn't it (sarcasm) ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Katie! You can definitely do it! I've done part of Jillian's 30 Day Shred and really liked it (I did it as a substitute for going to the gym some mornings, but I'm training to do a half marathon in November, so I'm focusing more on running at the moment). I think you picked some of the best "small things" you could to get a good jump on health and fitness. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete