Thursday, December 30, 2010

Master Bedroom Painted!

I am SO excited! We finally painted our master bedroom after living here for over a year. If you have known me for 5 minutes you know that one thing that I deem totally unacceptable is a white wall in my home! Well, mine were off white but still NOT okay! So, I had been eager to do this project for quite awhile but had a hard time deciding on a color. My mom painted her room a beautiful blue color that I just loved. Then when she ended up having an entire gallon of the paint left over that sealed the deal!

I used to decorate totally in warm bold colors; reds, golds, dark greens browns, etc. But, since moving into this house my style has started changing and I am finding myself totally drawn to cool/soft colors with lots of white accents! I am obsessed! So, without further ado, here is the before and after of my master bedroom paint job.

(Disclaimer: These are old before pics and the room was totally just put together with what I had while I was trying to decide what look I was going for. I know that yellow sheets, zebra throw pillows, and a floral print above the bed is not an acceptable combination!These were also before my mom generously donated her old headboard to a fabulous cause... me! Ha.)

Before




After


The 2 doors are my closet door and bathroom door
I have ordered a vinyl monogram decal to go over our bed and I need to find something to go over that little secretary desk but other than that I really like it!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! We have a similar color in almost every room in our house. We didn't plan it that way - just loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that is a fabulous color!!!!!!! I am a sucker for blue. As if you couldn't tell in my house. :-)

    ReplyDelete