Monday, January 17, 2011

A VERY lazy day!

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I am sure you all have been very upset! Ha! Anyway, I haven't been able to download pictures because my card reader on my laptop isn't working. So, I had been putting off blogging. I know that when I read blogs on my Google Reader I mostly read ones with pictures so now I feel bad posting without pictures! I feel like I should hold myself to the same standards that I hold others.

ANYWAY! We are having a VERY lazy day in our house. I think I have a cold or something and my throat hurts and my head feels all foggy. The hubs is off work which has been great. He watched the kiddos so I could take a nap this morning. We are all still in our p.j.s at almost 4 o'clock, no one has left the house, and our day has been spent just lounging around. I NEVER in a million years thought I would enjoy a day like this. I used to like to go-go-go! But, then I had three kids! Ha! Anyway, it is good to just relax today. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Being sick is such a bummer.

I made these muffins for breakfast this morning:

Strawberry Muffins
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Muffins/Detail.aspx

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
  2. In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
  3. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.

I added 1/4 C. brown sugar and 1 tsp. of vanilla and sprinkled a little brown sugar and white sugar on top and they were delicious.

I am planning on making spaghetti for dinner tonight. I am not a huge fan but the kids love it so I try to make it every once in awhile. 

Anyway, I guess that is about it for now! I hope everyone else had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment