Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Because I love it...

So, in the next year or so I am hoping to start a new blog. I am not sure what kind of blog... I am leaning towards mostly recipes and little DIY projects... we will see. But with that, I have been thinking a lot about the "why". I mean, I am not looking to create a blog in order to make money and I am really not that concerned about having a lot of readers... but those seem to me like the "good reasons" to start anything but a family blog. But, then it hit me recently- I love blogging. I love blogs. Blogging has become my creative outlet. I don't really like to journal and I don't really like scrapbooking anymore, but I really LOVE blogging. And I think that is as good a reason as any to do something in your free time.

A lot of people have asked me how I find the time to blog. It used to hurt my feelings. Because I think I felt like the underlying question was- shouldn't you be playing with your kids? cleaning your house? cooking dinner? instead of blogging? But, I still do all of those things. We all make time for what we enjoy doing. So, while some people are watching The Bachelor or scrapbooking or reading for pleasure, I am blogging! Because I enjoy it!

I will keep you updated when I am close to starting a new blog. As you can probably tell I have started doing more food and decorating posts than I used to and the main reason for that is that they are the most fun for me to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment