Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last day of school suprise

Growing up as a teacher's kid the last day of school was basically a national holiday! I still feel that way! The past two years we have celebrated the last day of Mom's Day Out by going out for ice-cream. So, when I told the kiddos that Grandma's last day of school was Tuesday they asked if we were making her a treat! I have been eying these cookie cutters for awhile now and decided that this was a great excuse to buy them and make something special for Grandma! 

My pictures aren't the best but I dyed some of the dough yellow and left the rest white. I have some practice to do but I still think they turned out pretty cute!

 And as we all know- presentation is half the battle anyway! So, I thought this box with paper grass in it and a yellow flower on top just said, "summer"!




We are planning to head over to Mom's school today and deliver these to her! I think she already has some volunteers to help her eat them!

Did you all grow up with after school traditions or do you have any of your own that you have started with your kiddos?

4 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT COOKIE STAMP!!!!!!!! Where did you get it? How much?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nevermind. Clicked on the link right there in your blog. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! The price really wasn't too bad for how super cute and easy it is! Be careful if you go and pick one up in person... it is right next to the Star Wars cookie cutters and pancake molds... you should probably leave Andrew at home! Ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! :):) I LOVE these!! :):)

    ReplyDelete