Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Morning

Happy Sunday everyone! This is my favorite kind of Sunday... the kind where the hubs has Monday off!

Nick got home last night around 9:45 or so. I was so glad to see him! I didn't really get a chance to talk to him while he was away so it was so good to see him and hear all about what he and the team did in Joplin. It sounds like they really had an opportunity to help and I am so glad he went.

When I first met Nick back in college he seemed like a super nice guy. I asked my campus minister, Christy, about him. She told me that he was the nicest guy. She told me that he would visit the nursing home once a week to visit with the people there and that he had a lady there that really loved him. The lady, Mary, told Nick that she really loved oranges so Nick brought her some. (Mary actually ended up coming to our wedding! She really loved Nick so much!) Now, who doesn't want to get to know a guy like that better? Nick really has an amazing heart for people and it is something that made me fall in love with him when we first met and that still inspires me to this day.

Okay... enough gushing!

Nick and the kiddos actually just left for church. We were all ready to go together but Jack was just in a funk this morning and we couldn't get him settled down. I don't know if he is teething or not feeling well or what. So, I put him down for a nap (where he is sleeping peacefully!) and Nick took the older kids to church. I think I am going to put a Mars Hill sermon podcast on here in a minute and enjoy the morning worshipping at home! I love going to church but am glad Nick was able to take the kids and am thankful for a sweet little baby even if he changes my plans sometimes!

I am hoping to do my Sunday Letters later this afternoon but I make no promises! Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment