Monday, June 13, 2011

Gettin' away...

The hubs and I got to get out of town... {gasp} ALONE! I know! It was fabulous! We went to Mountain Grove for Nick's 10 year reunion and got to make a little getaway out of it.

We left Friday morning and our first stop was Meramec Vineyards in St. James. We had lunch there and did a wine tasting. It was beyond cute and their wines were delicious! We had a blast and didn't want to leave...ever! If you are ever close to Rolla, I highly reccomend Meramec Vineyards... especially their creme brulee!.... just sayin'!

Then we headed to Mountain Grove where we got to visit Nick's parents and grandparents which was very nice. We hadn't seen them in awhile so it was great to catch up. Then Nick took me on a little driving tour of Mountain Grove. I have never lived in a small town so it was fun to see and hear about his experience.

The reunion was fun and it was neat to meet so many people Nick grew up with. Everyone was so nice!

After the reunion we headed to Springfield. We got checked into our hotel and then made a late night Starbies run... you know... because we could. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on South Glenstone which was super nice and reasonably priced. And the location was perfect for the places we were going.

In the morning we decided to wake up early and go for a run at the Nature Center. Unfortunatly, when we got there we found out it didn't open until 8 :( But, we found a park and super cute neighborhood nearby and ran there instead. Nick and I have never been running together before and it was SO much fun! I LOVED it!

After that we went back to the hotel, got packed up, and met our friends the Jenkins Family at Chick-Fil-A. It was so good to see them and catch up! Their kids have gotten so big and were super cute.

We ended our trip in downtown Springfield and on Commerical Street. I even got to meet one of my favorite bloggers in person! I totally got starstruck and acted like a big dork but she was super sweet. It was so fun!


We didn't really take any pics until the end of our trip but here are a few!

Here I am with Elsie... she is just too cute! And her store, Red Velvet, on Commercial Street was just too cool!

It was so neat to see how much they are revitalizing downtown and Commercial Street. It seriosly made me miss Springfield so much!

It was really neat to explore a town we used to live in as tourists! I think we will have lots of visits back in the future!

And we will end this with a few pics of me in ALL of my {dorkiness}!

No comments:

Post a Comment