Monday, June 6, 2011

How to get your husband to watch the Bachlorette with you...

Step 1: Make a delicious meal
Step 2: Light some candles
Step 3: Require sweat pants be worn

Worked like a charm and we had a perfect date night in! <3 And the food was delicious! And let's be honest... everything tastes better when you make it look pretty!



I found the recipe for these super yummy Spring Rolls right here, http://www.pinkpistachio.com/pei-wei-spring-rolls/. They were well worth the prep time! I actually got my inspiration for this date night from The Pink Pistachio too!

Of course chocolate covered strawberries are always a hit! And that even worked out as a great afternoon activity with the kiddos so double bonus there!

And I even made the raspberry ice tea from scratch... I know it is his fav! I based this recipe off of one I found on foodnetwork.com. It is super easy and super yummy!

Sweet Raspberry Iced Tea
Ingredients:
3 bags of raspberry tea
7-8 cups of water (divided)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of raspberries
1 lime

Directions:
Boil 6-7 cups of water and pour over tea bags and let tea brew for 5 minutes
Combine one cup of sugar and one cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stir until sugar is dissolved to create a simple syrup
Add the simple syrup to tea
Add one cup of raspberries , stir well and let come to room temp
Strain out raspberries
Serve over ice with a wedge of lime juice squeezed in

I think I might have set the bar a little high for next week... better get my creative juices flowin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment