Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Recipe: Apple Crisp

Since our little trip to Eckert’s we have a lot of apples on hand! Which is a major yay! I made homemade applesauce the other day… but it was gone before I had a chance to snap a picture. But, oh my goodness! The jarred stuff is NOTHING like the real thing! That will be a “make again” for sure.
Tonight in order to use up a few more apples I decided to make a homemade apple crisp! The hubs and I were having a late dinner sans kids (I made this again, oh yeah!).
I looked up a few recipes and kind of mashed together what I liked and came up with this one!
Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
  • 5 or 6 apples (I used a mixture of what I had from apple picking)
  • 1/2 C. butter, softened
  • 1 C. sugar + a little for sprinkling
  • 1 C. flour (I used whole wheat flour)
  • 1 C. old fashioned oats
  • a sprinkle of cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Peal, core, and slice apples
  2. Place apples in a pie plate
  3. Combine butter, 1 C. sugar, flour, and oats in a food processor until crumbly
  4. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over apples
  5. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples
  6. Bake at 350 degrees or until done
DSC_0042

Enjoy!

P.S. I have added a place at the top right corner where you can subscribe to Life With the Little R's via e-mail. I don't always add new posts to Facebook and so if you don't have something like Google Reader you might miss a post or two. So, feel free to subscribe and have new blog posts delivered straight to your inbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment