Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Ramblings!

First off, thank you for a few great questions! I will have a few fun posts based on those next week! Keep them coming if you can think of anything else!

I am just hanging out at home this morning. We took the kids to the new Chick-fil-a in O'Fallon for breakfast this morning. Then we came home so Jack is taking his nap and Nick took the "big kids" to run some errands. I really should be doing some housework but I am enjoying the downtime.

The kiddos got their Halloween costumes yesterday. They were pretty excited. Max is going to be a dinosuar (again!), Sophie is going to be a flying horse, and Jack is going to be a cow. Max had big plans that they were going to go trick-or-treating by themselves. He told me that Sophie was going to carry the candy bag and say "trick-or-treat" and he was going to carry Jack. He was really bummed when I told him that an adult had to go with them. He decided that his grandma could go with him but that Daddy and I have to stay home. I won't be arguing that!

In our "quest" to save money I have been thinking a lot about needs versus wants. I like to think of myself as "above" being influenced by my culture but as I have been really considering what we spend our money on I realize that I am not! I totally have bought into believing that we "need" to have cable, cell phones, certain brands of things, etc. It is kind of crazy what we just start to accept as normal. I know I am always a little frustrated when people are showing off their smart phones and complaining about money in the same 5 minutes. But, even though I don't have a smart phone, I know I have my own "things" in my life that I have decided I "need" and then I complain about money! I am really excited about our message at church this weekend being about making good money choices. I know I need the reminder!

Tomorrow we are going to Eckerts in Illinois for a little apple picking fun! I am super excited to do such a "fallish" activity. I LOVE traditions and so I am excited to hopefully start a new fall tradition with my kiddos. Although, we are just taking the big kids with us. My parents offered to take Jack. I think they are secretly excited to have the one on one time with him. Whenever they babysit Max and Sophie really demand most of my parent's attention so it will be fun for them to get to just play with and enjoy Jack!

Anyway, I guess that is all I will ramble about for now! I hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous fall Saturday as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment