Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Morning Ramblings

I am not sure when this happened, but not too long ago I became a "morning person". I wake up early almost every morning and I love it! Usually by 6. I love having time to get my quiet time in before I have to start being Mommy! I know a lot of people say they do better reading their Bible at night and I used to be one of those people too. But, I would really encourage you to get into it first thing in the morning, even if it is just a verse or two and you do the rest at night. I feel like it works just like tithing and when I give God the first part of my day the rest of my day always goes so much better... even if it is just my attitude that is better!

We have really enjoyed having Nick off the past few days. Like, REALLY enjoyed it. I am actually a little sad that it is already Saturday and the weekend will be over before we know it.

In the past few months Max has really started asking more questions about God which has been awesome. At first it was just a facination with the devil which made us a little nervous (ha, not really, but it was kind of funny). But, now it is like he is really starting to put things together. Last night Nick asked if I would read the Bible story for the kiddos. As I was reading Max was being a real... I don't know... 5 year old I guess. He didn't want to hear the story I chose and he spent the whole time sighing and laying his head down and covering his eyes... basically being really dramatic. I feel like normally I would have said something but for some reason I didn't. When we were done I asked if anyone wanted to pray for us and Max volunteered. He immediately said, "Dear God, Please forgive me for being angry. I know that you forgive us for every bad thing we do..." It was so amazing to see him recognize his own sin and turn around and repent on his own. It was one of those moments where I felt like I know as a mom I mess up a hundered times a day but God's grace really does cover us even in parenting.

I think today will be pretty low key around our house. Yesterday and the day before were pretty activity filled which has been great but I think today we might just hang out. We will go to Saturday night service this evening and then my sister and brother-in-law are coming over for dinner which should be a great time. We love it that they have started coming to our church!

No comments:

Post a Comment