Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prayer Cards

My friend Jenn posted this idea on Facebook awhile back and I loved it so much I just had to steal borrow it. You take your Christmas cards and put them on a ring and use them to pray for a different family every night.

Nick has been pretty great about reading the Bible and praying with the kids every night (thank goodness... because I am horrible at routines!). But, recently, he was challenged to start doing family worship every night so we read the Bible, have discussions with the kids, sing a few praise songs, and pray together as a family every night. I thought the prayer card idea would be a great addition to our family worship time so last night I grabbed all the cards off the Christmas wreath (yep... the one Christmas decoration I still have up) and we tried it out. I loved it. It was awesome to hear my kids praying for another family. Their little hearts are so sweet... and Sophie added her trademark... "thank you God for princesses"...

Today while I was at Wal-Mart I grabbed the ring and a package of reinforcement labels (I figured the kids wouldn't be quite as gentle when flipping the cards).
 And TA-DA! I love the ring because then it is easy to hang up and keep track of the cards.
So if you sent us a Christmas card know that the little R's will be praying for you! 

I am linked up at...

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea to ... borrow... ! ;-) Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! Thank you for sharing this. This year will be our very fist Christmas with my husband and a little baby. We want to start a small tradition. And this is just perfect! :)
    Love it:)

    ReplyDelete