Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I am reading lately

I just love to read. I always have. I remember in first grade my mom buying me the Babysitters Club- Little Sister books and I would read them in a day. Having young kiddos has definitely made me cut back on my reading. But, as they are getting a little older I am starting to get back into it.

I recently read the Hunger Games trilogy. I read all three in like a week. Loved it!
The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxed Set
I actually read the second two on Nick's Kindle. Which... I might need to get one of those. For awhile I wasn't so sure if I wanted one but they really are so nice. One of my favorite features is that you never lose what page you are on!


I also started reading this little devotional book to go along with my reading the Bible in a year plan.
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence
It is awesome. Very encouraging and the devotionals are super short. This would be great if you are in a crazy season of life because you can easily read the devotion and look up the Bible passages in under 5 minutes.

Right now I am also reading Real Marriage by Pastor Mark and Grace Driscoll. It is no secret that I am a big fan of Pastor Mark's teaching and I am finding this book to be no exception.
Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together
I haven't read a marriage book in quite awhile. Our marriage has been in such a good place for the past year or so that I was feeling like I didn't need to work on it. Why mess with a good thing, right? And let's be honest... a lot of marriage books are the same old thing... I am so glad I went ahead and got this book anyway. I am about 30% in and already have learned so much and I know that our marriage will be blessed because of this book!

Speaking of... Most of you probably saw that I posted Pastor Mark's first Real Marriage sermon on Facebook the other day. Nick and I watched it together and we were so blessed and encouraged by it.We decided to make a regular Monday night date of watching this series together. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment