Monday, March 26, 2012

If a picture is worth a thousand words...

Sometimes no picture at all is worth more...

I love to take pictures of my kids. I love to capture those very special moments. I get out my camera and try to make sure I am capturing the beauty of the moment just right. I take 20 shots of one moment trying to make sure I capture how wonderful the moment is... I take a picture from every angle so I can remember exactly how wonderful the moment was.

And I miss the moment trying to capture it....

Yesterday we took our kiddos to Indian Camp Creek Park. We played in their little man made creek next to the playground. It was the most gorgeous day. The sky was so blue. The trees were so green. The kids splashed in the mud and water. They threw rocks. Every moment would have created a beautiful picture. But, I didn't have my camera. But, instead of trying to capture all of those beautiful moments- I got to live them. I got to throw rocks and get splashed with muddy water. I got to live the moment instead of trying to capture it. And sometimes that is worth even more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Nice to "meet you" through The Better Mom link up:) I can totally and completely relate to this post! Sometimes I'm a little too much of a camera addict and find that it's a nice break to just leave the camera at home.

    ReplyDelete