Friday, April 20, 2012

Dinner is in the Freezer

Is there anything more beautiful than a freezer packed with meals ready to be eaten?

My sister and I have been on a freezer cooking kick lately. We get together for a day every few weeks and spend several hours cooking and then part ways with several meals a piece. I am now obsessed and in love with freezer cooking. I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to just freezer cooking and another board with freezer meals that can then go straight to the crockpot.

What I love about freezer meals is the time it saves. Not only the time cooking but the time cleaning. With little kiddos right before dinner can be the hardest time of day. Not having to spend time prepping dinner in the evenings has been a life saver!

Last time my sister and I got together we made several recipes from this site.

My sister and I also did our first freezer meal swap with another friend of ours. If you aren't familiar with a freezer meal swap it is when everyone makes a few meals and they make enough for themselves and for everyone else in the group. Then you trade and you have lots of different freezer meals. To start out we each made a soup and a casserole to trade. We shared beforehand what we were making to ensure a variety of meals. I made Skinny Taste's Enchilada Soup and mannicoti (which I now can't find the recipe for but I will be searching because I need to make it again!).

Have you ever done a freezer meal swap? Do you do any freezer cooking? Care to share any of your favorites?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE freezer cooking!!! It's the best thing EVER lol. In May we will finally live within driving distance of my two sister's and I can't wait to get together and do freezer cooking days and swap meals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for you that you get to live closer to your sisters! It is the best! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Awesome post! I am new to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you will visit again! :)

      Delete