Monday, September 10, 2012

Let the madness begin...

I am one of those people that is very easily burnt out and overwhelmed when I have too much going on... I am also one of those people that feels the need to be involved in things, has a hard time saying "no", and feels like every opportunity will be forever lost if I don't do it now! So, you can imagine the constant pull and tug-o-war that goes on in my little brain.

Usually, business wins. So, this week begins the craziness/business that will be our fall semester. I didn't intend for it to be this way! But, a lot of neat opportunities came up and it seemed like a great time to give some things a try before the baby comes in February and life comes to a halt.

So, from now until December (except for soccer which ends in late October I think) this is what our weeks will look like...

Monday- Max's piano lesson
Tuesday- Sophie has ballet followed by Max having karate (which I wouldn't have signed him up for but he has been begging forever to take it and it is at the same place as Sophie's ballet class and is right afterwards so we will already be there and I get a discount since they are both in a class there)
Wednesday- Friend2Friend in the morning and our church small group in the evening
Thursday- KinderChoir for Max (homeschool choir for kids K-2nd grade) in the afternoon and soccer practice in the evening
Friday- NOTHING... :)
Saturday- soccer game

Thankfully, if it all gets too overwhelming things can easily be dropped. The downside of homeschooling is that every opportunity you want your children to have you have to provide for them. So, since music is important to us we have to make it happen! But, hopefully, this will be a fun semester full of great experiences for our whole family. And maybe I will learn some time management skills in the process? Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment