Wednesday, November 7, 2012

month of {gratitude} day 7


I have to say it, last night was very disappointing. I was really hoping that Romney would win the election. Like really. But, today, I wake up still {grateful}. Not necessarily for our government... but for the one who holds it in the palm of His hand. Things might not go the way I want them to in the next four years (or ever) and our country could face some serious problems. But, my hope wasn't in our country and government before and it isn't now. My hope is in Jesus. Everything of this world will fade away, weather it is good or bad. At the end of it all I know that I will still spend a glorious eternity with Christ which was not affected one iota by last night's election.

When I think about the Bible, I think of all that was done under unjust and unfair governments and recognize that God works through bad governments. He always has and he will continue to. We can still sleep at night knowing that God is sovereign over all things and he will not leave or forsake those who love Him and put their hope in Him. He is our King and our Priest and he is the only one that is good.

Our mission as Christians has not changed and for that I am also grateful. And my prayer for all of us who follow Christ today is from 1 Timothy:

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment