Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A whole lot of randomness...

Happy Wednesday everyone Can you believe Christmas is LESS than a week away? As of last night all of my gift shopping is done (thanks Hubs!). I need to put together a few of my little DIY gifts and then I need to go shopping for food for the big family Christmas party that is at our house on Saturday... but I am feeling pretty good about my progress.

We have been doing a light week of school. So we have been doing some of Max's math and reading but that's about it. But, we have filled in the gaps with all sorts of Christmas fun. Yesterday we made a gingerbread house and some gingerbread people. You would have thought I was the best mom in the entire world when I put the gingerbread house kit from Target in my cart yesterday. I love how my kiddos love the little things!

I am not sure what is on today's agenda, but I think we will have a good time. We started the day with pancakes. I tried this mix-
Have you ever tried it? I ordered it from Amazon because I couldn't find it at any of our stores but holy moly is it yummy. I have never really been picky about pancakes and waffles... they are ALL good. But, this mix makes them REALLY good. Since getting the mix like a week ago I have made waffles twice and pancakes once. So good!

Quick FB update... I am back on Facebook. I actually was really enjoying being off but our homeschool group uses Facebook for all of our event sign ups and communication. I am not on it very much though. So, hopefully I have found a balance. It almost feels like Facebook is the new e-mail, hard to live without it if you want to stay in touch with everyone! 

I do know that on today's agenda is cleaning up my kitchen. My parent's game me the most awesome Christmas present... they tiled a backsplash in my kitchen! My dad came over and finished up yesterday so now I need to put it all back together and see how it looks. I feel like I have a brand new kitchen! It is beautiful. I will post some pics on here and try to find a before pic!

Well, I am off to attempt some productivity today! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment