Wednesday, April 17, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

Nope, I am not breaking into "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens"... Although, who doesn't love a little Sound of Music now and again?

I thought I would pop in today and share a few things that I am really loving lately! I always love to hear what other people are using, into, having success with , etc. So, it seems only fair to share mine.

I have to share first that I am loving my new Trim Healthy Mama book. I have seen this book all over the blog world and was intriged. Then I heard my good friend Jen had the book so my intrigue grew... especially since I knew Jen didn't have extra weight to loose but I know she is very health concious. So, I talked to Nick about it and shelled out the $35 for the book (way more than I ever spend on books!) and bought my copy.

What intrigued me about this book was being able to apply it to our whole family. It always seemed a little odd to me for parents to eat a healthy new diet and get McDonald's drive-thru for the kiddos. So, a book written by two homeschool moms with big families of their own definitely appealed to me.

But, I have to say what I love most so far is that Nick has lost 5 pounds and I have lost 6 in the first week. Craziness. I know my weight loss will slow way down since I am still loosing baby weight but it is definitely encouraging to see high numbers off the bat. The plan is no walk in the park and takes some getting used to- no sugar, no white flour, etc. But, I will say I truly love the foods I have been eating and I never feel hungry or deprived.

Up next on my list is this album...

I am mildly obsessed with their music and listen to it all the time lately! Love.

Oh, and I must announce because this is HUGE for me... I have actually been loving water lately! I honestly never used to drink water. But, on December 27th I gave up Diet Coke :( I was a hard core addict, but I have not had a single one since. At first I drank regular soda here and there when we were out to eat). But, since the baby has been born I don't want the caffeine and so I just drink plain old water basically all of the time. (I still have one cup of regular black coffee every morning... I mean come on... I am not a saint!) I didn't want to replace my habit with something else with artificial sweeteners (Crystal Light or something like that) even if it was calorie free. So, I just drink water and several months later I am actually enjoying the taste. It is so weird for me!

I also loved this article by Ann Voskamp. That woman speaks truth and writes it in such a beautiful way.

And of course my favorite new thing I am loving lately is...

I can't get enough of this little guy! And he is 8 weeks old now! Pure craziness!

1 comment:

  1. Throw a little squirt of lemon juice (I just use the bottled concentrate) in that water to make it more exciting on occasion! Sometimes that quenches my thirst better than "plain" water.

    ReplyDelete