Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Overflowing

Today is one of those days that I just feel like I am about to overflow! I am feeling so blessed in so many ways. I know that I am always blessed but today is one of those days where every blessing seems more noticeable. I feel like God has been pointing out to me specifically prayers he has answered. So, in One Thousand Gifts fashion I am going to spend a few moments counting my blessings!

  1. My husband came home this afternoon and suprised me with a Jilly's cupcake for us to share and one for the kids! I LOVE suprises. I think they might be my love language. I also love Jilly's cupcakes. A lot.
  2. My husband's new "job". It is such an amazing answer to prayer. With his old job he was away from home so much and spent so much time commuting. Now, he is able to work from home a lot of the time and has a much more flexible schedule. It has been such a blessing for our whole family but especially for me! I mean, hello, we ate a cupcake together at 1 o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday!
  3. God's faithfulness in answering my prayer to help me to persevere through this season of little sleep. I am up about every two hours and yet somehow I wake up fairly refreshed and am able to get through the days with my kiddos in a relatively good mood! But, more than that, with the peace that Jesus sees my needs and is sustaining me.
  4. My sweet husband. Just him. He is amazing. And wonderful. His heart for me and our kids is overwhelming sometimes. When I am having a hard moment or day he takes the time to listen and then points me straight back to Christ and the Gospel. To have a front row seat watching God transform my husband into the man he is today overwhelms me. And I know that God isn't finished with him yet (or any of us!)
  5. My sweet little red headed baby. After having three babies with dark brown hair it never crossed my mind that I would ever have anything else. And I was fine with that. Sam's hair color is such a precious little reminder of how God knits each one of us together in His own creative way. Sam's hair is a daily reminder to me of God's creativity!
  6. Our small group from church. In January all of the small groups in our church got mixed up and we were asked to sign up for the small group geographically closest to us. It was such a hard and emotional thing for me because I loved our old small group. The ladies in it were (and still are) some of my very best friends. We joined a group where basically everyone else had teenagers or adult children. I felt like the odd woman out. But, oh my goodness, the ladies in my small group have been a blessing to me more than I could ever imagine. They are TRUE Titus 2 women and they have all been willing to come along side me and love me. They are willing to share wisdom and encouragement whenever I need it... even when I don't know I do. They love on my kids! Their kids love on my kids! I know without a doubt that God put us in this small group!
  7. We live about 5 minutes from my Grandma and the "big kids" beg to go and spend time at her house, specifically without me! They have gotten to do that  few times this month and it is so much fun for them. And a blessing for me! It melts my heart to see how close my children get to be to my grandma! 
  8. It is officially Fall. I am taking full advantage of all things pumpkin, jeans and sweaters, gorgeous fall leaves falling, hot beverages around the clock. My friend Natalie posted this quote on Facebook yesterday, "I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it." -Lee Maynard. Love,
I could go on... but my littlest blessing just woke up from his nap. I hope you have a blessed day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment