Wednesday, January 15, 2014

100 Days

I have heard it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. I am not sure how accurate this is, but it makes sense. I am not the most habit-driven, self disciplined person. Routine is basically a 4 letter word to me... how my husband and I ended up together remains a mystery (he is a routine/habit kinda guy).

But, after making some New Years Resolutions and starting to form a bit of a routine now that the big kids are in school three days a week, I have been feeling like I want to establish some new habits. I came across this printable from the amazing Ann Voskamp and it seemed like just the ticket to get myself in gear.

It is a 100 Days Calendar. To use it you pick three habits you want to work on forming (only three!) and everyday for 100 days you write them down and check them off. The idea is of course that you don't want to break your streak and so you keep going. And if a new habit is formed after 21 days I would imagine it would be rock solid after 100.

It was hard for me to narrow it down to three habits. I want to make myself totally perfect and awesome immediately (I am only half kidding). Part of me wanted to make them all weight loss related... eat a healthy breakfast every day, drink lots of water, don't snack after dinner, dessert only once a week... Or all housekeeping related, or all spiritual. So, I decided to pick things from three different "categories" and hope that progress in these things would flow naturally to bigger progress overall.


I decided to go focus on 3 new daily habits- make bed (I feel like this motivates me to keep things tidier elsewhere and sets the tone for the day), exercise (while I don't think getting in a full workout every single day is plausible for me I think I can fit in something every day, even if it is just a quick walk around the block or a dance party with my little people), read the Bible (since I am working on reading through the Bible in a year I have extra motivation).

So, here's to new habits! (If nothing else cute printables motivate me to do just about anything! ha!)






No comments:

Post a Comment