Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Fun

Our past few weekends had been on the busier side and our family was just feeling like we needed to re-charge. So, on the calendar this past weekend I wrote in bold letters, "DON'T MAKE ANY PLANS". Pretty sure I need to do this a bit more often because it was glorious. 

I think my favorite part was our spur of the minute decision to go check out the farmer's market nearby on Saturday morning. The weather was perfect and we had a great time just wandering around. Our kids are now daydreaming of having their own farm and have already named their future chickens (for the record I am totally on board with this plan! If only money weren't an issue!) We founds some good stuff (not pictured is a an elk antler bone for our favorite pup) and are excited to continue going, especially when more fruits and veggies are available!

We also spent a lot of time Saturday getting some toy organization done. Toys get out of control so fast with 4 kiddos! But, I think we have paired it down and organized things so that the kiddos can enjoy their favorite toys more. I still have quite a bit of organizing to get done but it was nice to work on some bigger projects while the hubs was around to help.

We ended up spending Sunday with my parents which was really nice. We met up with them for lunch at Freddy's and then went back to their house to hang out for a bit and ended up staying for dinner. My mom had found a lot of my sister and my old American Girl stuff so Sophie was in heaven!

We are looking forward to our week and are counting down the days until school is out for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment