Friday, September 11, 2015

Little Life Updates

Everytime I sit down at this blog I think about how much I love it. And how it really doesn't take that much time. And I should really do it everyday. Because it makes me happy and I love looking back at what our family was up to at different times. But, I don't blog often anymore. And I don't know why. So... we will just go from there!

And anyway, I bring you a little life update/brain dump in bullet list form.

  • Nick and I are on day 22 of our second round of Whole30. It is harder this time which I think is because I have not been creative or making a big effort with meals and we are a bit bored. But, in some ways I think that is good for us because it is helping us to see that there are other exciting things in life besides food. At least that is what I am telling myself...
  • Homeschooling is hard this year. No, not the homeschooling. The keeping 2 little boys from killing each other while trying to impart wisdom and knowledge on the older two kids. And also every time I don't hear screaming I find Sam dancing on top of the kitchen or bathroom counters. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a CLIMBER!
  • In an effort to save my sanity since starting school I have instituted a daily "Mommy time-out". It lasts about 15 minutes but I make an amazing cup of tea (this gal's tea has converted this tea hater into a tea lover) and read a chapter of a fiction book. A book just for fun that is not going to make me a better person in any way. I finished this one yesterday. I adored it and am sad it is over. 
  • The hot weather is making me sad. I am ready for fall. Fall is my very favorite season. I love the weather, the colors... I love how fall begs you to cozy up and make soup and drink hot beverages and watch football. It really is the best. Plus the holidays are coming up after that so there is that excitement and anticipation.
  • Since starting school up again I am reminded of how much I need to wake up before my kids if I have any hope of being a happy mom when they wake up. Unfortunately, my kids also wake up pretty early these days. So, you will now find me curled up on my couch with my Bible around 5:30 every morning. This also means I go to bed every night by like 9:30, but I am comfortable with that.
  • Last weekend we did a massive decluttering and took three loads to Goodwill. We are still kind of in the process so I imagine we have at least one more trip. Our trash pile waiting for the garbage truck today is huge. I hope they take it all. I still need to go through our closet, Sophie's room (that girl is a packrat, you will probably see her on hoarders one day) and the laundry room. I am not sure if it is getting older or just the reality of having 4 kids and homeschooling but my tolerance for clutter has gone way down over the past few years.
  • Sam is not a kid who will sit and watch tv. However, he discovered the movie Babe and is slightly obsessed and will watch the first 30-40 minutes completely mesmerized. That boy loves animals.
  • I found Soph a little chef's hat and apron on clearance at Target and she has basically taken over all of the cooking since then. Okay, I am exaggerating but she has been helping out a lot in the kitchen and I think she looks so sweet in her little outfit.

Well, I guess it is time to get the day going. Happy Friday all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't start calling her "my little chef" and ruin her life!

    ReplyDelete